Who is Atomic Pop Monkey?
Atomic Pop Monkey is a one man web & graphic design company started in 2000. Founded by myself, Jonathan Krop, after working several years at the Academy of Art College, FCB advertising, and several other small design firms and start-ups.
I have worked with a variety of clients and projects. Some of which have been nominated or won awards such as the GRAMMYs, the Webbies, and a Golden Addy.
My current and previous clients include: Lee Ann Womack, KLCS (Los Angeles PBS station), Rykodisc, Columbia Records, Sony, Hollywood Records, Nickelodeon, Senator Paul Wellstone, Planned Parenthood, The Bill Hicks Estate, The Ramones, Redd Kross, Charlotte Caffey (The Go-Go’s), The Misfits, The Muffs, The Posies, Patrick Park, Merge Records, Imperial Teen, Tracy Bonham, Phranc – just to scratch the surface.
The hundreds of projects I’ve worked on have ranged from cd/album cover art direction, graphic design, photography, and layouts to branding, web design and coding, video editing, animation, photo retouching, illustration, merchandise design, html newsletters, WordPress sites, and beyond.
Personal & Client/Project Related Recognitions:
• ArtForum Magazine’s Top Ten Best of 2016 for Jeff McDonald (Bang! Records)
• 2016 GRAMMY nomination for Best Country Song and Best Country Solo Performance
– Lee Ann Womack “The Way I’m Livin’” (with Scarpati Studio)
• 2015 GRAMMY nomination for Best Country Album – Lee Ann Womack “The Way I’m Livin’” (with Scarpati Studio)
• 2015 Los Angeles Emmy nomination for Best Short Promo (KLCS/Joe Regis)
• 2014 Gold ADDY® Award – Best CD or DVD Packaging (with Scarpati Studio)
• 2012 Aestiva Software Design Eye Face Off Winner
• 2005 Golden Dot Award Nomination
• 2004 Webby Award for Best Activism Site
• 2000 Shift Magazine’s Top 100 site for “Heavy Metal Parking Lot – 15th anniversary”
I am currently welcoming potential new clients and projects – let’s make some great art together!